SEXY CELEBRITY PICTURE
HOT NEWS CELEBRITY

Thursday, August 28, 2014

ENT : Must-Hear Music Podcast: Katy Perry, Riff Raff, Usher, Raury & More !

Must Hear Music Podcast featuring Katy Perry,
Usher, Raury & Jessie Ware.

On this week's Must-Hear Music podcast, the
Billboard staff talks about everything from Katy
Perry working with eccentric MC Riff Raff to Brad
Paisley 's make-out song to insanely promising
newcomers like Raury and Sofi de la Torre.
We don't always agree with each other -- and
you might not necessarily agree with us -- but we
can give you a (non-legally-binding) guarantee
that you'll hear some worthwhile music on this
week's podcast.
Listen to the full Must-Hear Music podcast
featuring Jason Lipshutz , Joe Lynch and Erika
Ramirez below, and tweet us what you think of
this week's selections.
If you want to check out highlights from our
discussion (and listen to the full tracks), keep
scrolling past the podcast!
Katy Perry ft. Riff Raff: "This Is How We Do"
Jason: I don't think anybody, including diehard
KatyKats, wanted a remix of this song with Riff
Raff. This is highly ridiculous. I'd actually be
more interested in a Soulja Boy remix of "This is
How We Do."
Erika: I keep asking myself if this is a joke, and if
it is, I want it to stop.
Joe: I know she already did a video for "This Is
How We Do," but if they do a remix video, I want
James Franco playing Riff Raff, because they had
that kerfuffle where Riff Raff accused Franco of
ripping him off in Spring Breakers.
Usher: "Believe Me"
Erika: It has an R&B and dance feel to it, and
that's a good mix for Usher. I was happily
surprised with this one.
Joe: The beginning riff really reminded me of The
Godfather theme. I found that very distracting.
Jason: Usher is almost underrated now. I don't
know if people are going to go insane over these
songs, as forward thinking as they are. But he's
doing more to innovate his sound than he ever
has before.
Get More: Usher, MTV Shows
Brad Paisley ft. Brad Paisley: "4WP"
Joe: The song is in reference to "four-wheel park,"
as in a full-speed-ahead make-out session. His
last album found him trying to expand his
horizons, and that produced the mercilessly
mocked "Accidental Racist" with LL Cool J. So
this one is understandably a return to the basics.
It's a country party record.
Sofi de la Torre: "Vermillion"
Jason: She's a Spanish singer-songwriter living in
London, and "Vermillion" is just an unbelievable
song. It's built on an echoing synth line and it
gives you the feeling of walking alone after a
night out in the city. It has that blinking lights
feel from the synthesizer.
Raury: "Cigarette Song"
Erika: He's 18 years old and very talented. He
produces all his music, writes all his lyrics. His
rebellious creativity is refreshing.
Ty Segall: "Manipulator"
Joe: This is something I could share with my dad,
which I wouldn't usually say about Ty Segall. I
could see him playing Letterman and attracting
new listeners -- ears will perk up that would have
previously dismissed him.
Jason: He obviously put more time into this. With
Goodbye Bread, the songs were there, but the
production was so hasty. I'm like a dad! I wished
that album were better produced. With
Manipulator, I feel like my wishes are being
granted.
First Listen: Ty Segall's Manipulator on NPR
Jessie Ware: "Say You Love Me"
Erika: I am obsessed with this song. It spotlights
her vocals instead of letting them blend into the
production. And it's super emo, lyrically, which is
also why I love it.
Joe: I have to be the dissenting opinion on this
one. It's overwhelming, it's dead serious, and by
the time it got to the gospel chorus at the end, it
felt fake to me.
Erika: Joe, your words are hurting me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment